Wednesday, September 26, 2007

It's Dirty. It's Sexy. But they didn't give TOM TV any money for watching.

Alright - so it's time that we give ABC some love on Top of Mind TV, so next up - Dirty Sexy Money!

Credits and Logline: Directed by Peter Horton and David Petrarca.
Power, privilege and family money are a volatile cocktail thrust on an idealistic lawyer when he inherits the job of tending to the legal (and sometimes illegal) needs of the absurdly wealthy Darlings of New York City.

What was the most unbelievable moment?
When Trip offers Nick the job plus an extra 5MM a year, and to close the deal makes a little speech along the lines of "Because, I miss your Dad. I miss having him by my side telling me which was is up. And, I trust ya." Really? This is the line that convinces Nick everything will be okay?

What was the most annoying moment?
Every time I had to look at Peter Krause's hair. Who thought this was a good idea?

What was the most ridiculous moment?
The Dan Rathers cameo. I'm supposed to buy Dan grilling Patrick about joining the Senate? Wow - Billy Baldwin on the Senate. I'm feeling queasy.

What was the most enjoyable moment?
Right after - when Billy's character sneaks out to calm down a slightly hysterical transvestite/girlfriend. WTF? Yeah - I loved it.

What was your favorite quote?
Acutally, I thought there were pretty great lines in this episode, including - "No, you do it - he's your girlfriend." and "I know she's not a hooker, but is she more of a man than you are?"

At the end of this episode, who were your favorite and least favorite characters?
Not really sure. I found much of the cast interesting (who doesn't love Donald Sutherland?), but didn't really connect with any of them yet. And I'm not sure I really get where they are going with this other than a bunch of pretty people running around being spoiled. But I love the pretty people as much as the next gal, so it could be fun anyway. Oh yeah - and the "someone killed my Dad and I'll make them pay!" storyline. Big mystery there - I'll give you three guesses as to who killed him (and the first two don't count).

But I'll watch episode two to find out where they're going with this.

Overall Grade: B

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Favorite Moment: Mine was at the beginning, with the funeral.

As the Darlings arrived ... the soundtrack was Rage Against the Machine "Killing in the Name Of".

Not subtle but fun none the less.

Jess Ivy said...

Really kinda sick, eh? :)