Thursday, September 27, 2007

Big Shots are Top of Mind

In the Ivy household, this nighttime soap has been known and anticipated as the "cute boy" show. I mean really - Michael "You'll always be Vaughn to me" Vartan and Dylan McDermott in the same show? Add to that Christopher Titus (Titus, Yes Dear) and Joshua Malina (Spots Night, West Wing)... and that's GOTTA be something to look forward to!! From the Top of Mind series, check out the q&a below to see if it was worth the wait:

Credits & Logline: The lines between boardroom and bedroom blur in Big Shots, the story of four friends who are at the top of their game... until the women in their lives enter the room. From Director Charles McDougal and Executive Producer Jon Harmon Feldman.

Overall, what did you think of the premiere?
Very mixed - I should have absolutely loved this... but I found it to be so all over the place, and way too over-the-top. It was tough to be completely into this... but there were many, many redeemable moments. Mostly the storyline with James and the cheating wife.

What was the most annoying moment?
So remember a long, long time ago (yesterday) when I thought the transvestite storyline on Dirty Sexy Money was hilarious? Yeah. That was then, this is now. A cliched plotline about getting caught with a trany is completely different than the future Senator who just can't seem to say goodbye to one.

What was your favorite quote from this episode?
"I'm sure all your dream candidates have perfect resumes, perfect lives, and have succeeded at everything they've ever tried to do." Ain't it the truth.

What was the sweetest moment?
"I never liked you, you know? Even when I said I did..." doesn't sound like the intro to a completely adorable moment, but when James finds out he's been made CEO and gets support from an unexpected direction - it's really pretty darn wonderful.

What was the creepiest moment?
The promo on ABC7 for the show... "They're calling it Desperate Housewives for Men". UGH. Not that I have anything against the wives, mind you. I just don't think we need any affirmative action in the primetime soap space.

What was the most refreshing moment?
Duncan Collingsworth (Dylan) might be a total cad - but he's a total wuss when it comes to his daughter. And the best part? I believed it. Good writing or good acting, time will tell.

Overall Grade: B

No comments: